Help & Contact Us
Check out these FAQs for immediate answers to the most common questions.
View FAQs below
For domestic travel, no. However, the CDC does recommend travelers get tested 1-3 days before travel.
- For international flights into the U.S., as of Jan. 26 passengers are required to provide proof to their airline of a negative viral test result within three days of their flight into the U.S.
- Some other countries also require passengers undergo testing before arriving on an international flight. Visit travel.state.gov for details on each country.
- Check with your airline for additional details and requirements surrounding international travel.
To pick up a rental car, follow the purple signs to the arrivals level. Look for the purple shuttle area and board one of the purple buses to get transported to the rental car center.
No, we do not offer COVID-19 testing at John Glenn International or Rickenbacker. Click here for area testing sites.
When the new rental car center opens on September 1 at 12:01 a.m., rental cars can be picked up and dropped off at the new center located at 4106 International Gateway, Columbus, OH 43219.
4600 International Gateway, Columbus, Ohio 43219
Interviews are not available to the general public, though they are available at these Ohio locations.
- Interviews are available to travelers returning to Columbus on nonstop international flights. Follow the signage directing you to U.S. Customs & Border Protection officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. In addition to your entry document (e.g., your passport), you will need documents providing evidence of residency. Examples are driver's license (if the address is current), mortgage statement, rental payment statement, utility bill, etc.
Travel within the U.S.
- The airlines and TSA require adult passengers 18 and over to show valid identification for domestic travel within the United States, such as a driver’s license, passport or one of these. (Note new Real ID requirements effective Oct. 1, 2021). While the TSA does not require ID for children under 18, some airlines have requirements for domestic travel by minors. Contact your airline for regarding requirements for minors.
Travel outside the U.S.
- Adults and children must have a passport when flying internationally.
TSA’s website has a list of permitted and prohibited items for carry-on and checked baggage.
Here is the information.
The airport is open 24 hours a day, and security checkpoints open at 4:30 a.m. until the last flight has departed. The hours for airline ticket counters vary depending on each airline’s flight schedule. Airlines suggest that you arrive 90 minutes before departure of domestic flights and two hours before international flights.
For domestic flights, airlines suggest that you arrive 90 minutes before departure; for international flights, plan to arrive two hours before departure.
Yes! Head to the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal located at 2241 John Circle Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43217. Learn more about Allegiant flights and the Rickenbacker Passenger Terminal.
Click here to submit your request.
Shuttles operate 24/7 and leave the lots approximately every 15-18 minutes for the airport terminal.
View job opportunities at Columbus Regional Airport Authority’s website.
Check out our infographic for details.
The purple shuttles pick up and drop passengers off on the arrivals level of the terminal (no shuttles on the departure level), and at the front of the new rental car center.
You'll drop your rental car off at the new rental car center beginning September 1 (4106 International Gateway, Columbus, OH 43219). Follow the purple signs on International Gateway to the rental car center. Once the car is dropped off, head to the front doors of the rental car center and board a purple shuttle bus to the terminal to catch your flight!
Purple shuttles run between the new rental car center and the terminal about every 10 minutes. The shuttle ride between the terminal and the rental car center takes less than 5 minutes.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a fax to 614.239.2219 for employment verification. You must include the employee’s signature approval with your request.
Didn’t find the answer you need? We’re here to help. Contact us via email at CustomerService@ColumbusAirports.com.